Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sushi Anyone?

 One of the soapery's best sellers at its first craft show was its Sushi Soap!

Our Sushi Soap bento gift boxes come in an authentic Japanese sushi takeout carton (thank you, Little Tokyo!) and include four pieces of sushi roll soap, complete with avocado, scented cucumber, and (thankfully) unscented maguro, or tuna. The box also comes with soap "ginger" and scented "wasabi" soap.

When I first started making sushi soap, as much as I loved how they turned out, I didn't think they would be very popular, and so I only brought ten bento boxes to the craft show. Lesson learned! the soapery sold out of these cute little gift boxes in about an hour and ended up taking special orders for additional boxes.  They make great gifts and conversation pieces, so customers were buying them in packs for upcoming Christmas presents!


I will definitely make sure I have more Sushi Soap in supply at the soapery 's upcoming shows. Just make sure to tell your kiddies that they are definitely SOAP and not food. We overheard a number of kids asking their parents if the soaps were edible! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment